- Actively participate with our manufacturing team to produce aspheric mirrors and advanced optical assemblies.
- Manufacturing operations including some or all of the following: grinding, polishing, interferometric testing, mechanical / dimensional testing, cleaning, and packaging.
- Use laser-based technologies for interferometric testing and analysis.
- Advanced operations will include operation of robotic equipment for fabricating precise optical surfaces and features.
- Recommend materials and tools as needed to perform required operations
- Program and operate NC and CNC machines.
- Inspect and clean optical components prior to shipment. This may include defect characterization and surface roughness analysis.
- Conduct process development experiments
- Develop and implement manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Self-motivated, dependable individuals with a desire to master their skills and career.
- A technical degree in a scientific or engineering field is not required but could accelerate advancement.
- Previous experience working in optical fabrication is desired but not required.
- Use of computers for communications, data reporting, and machine / instrument operation.
- Candidates must be able to commute to our Meriden Connecticut facility.
- US Citizenship or Green Card required.
- Training will be provided in house. Qualified candidates will have great potential for growth.
To apply to this position please submit your resume to: [email protected]